The first Cadillac SRX
Conception to design
Bigger, stronger and faster...
Then comes the famous and not so reliable 4.6 liter V8, dubbed 'the Northstar', and garnering 320hp and 315lb ft. of torque. Gotta get there quick, fast, and in a hurry..? This would be your pick, but as far as fuel is concerned you'd better save some space to carry extra cans in the rear as you will be lucky to achieve 14mpg city, and 19mpg on the highway.. Gas Card anyone..?
Fun and comfort in the back seat..
The optional panoramic sunroof opens nearly the whole length of the SUV.. It brightens up everything, even the optional disappearing third row powered seat. This was the largest panoramic window of any vehicle in any class.. In 2007 real wood inlay became standard throughout the interior of the vehicle, both front and back.
2005 Cadillac SRX Commercial
Four Seasons of the SRX
Wheels, wheels, wheels....
And then there is the matter of the 17" inch staggered tires. High performance in the rear, yet not so in the front. They are hard as hell to find but Cadillac keeps them stocked at nearly twice the money that they would cost you online...
1) A/C Compressor Failure
2) Rear window actuator failure(S)
3) Wheel Bearing failure(s).
4) CD Failure or jammed in stereo 6 Disc CD player.
5) Daytime driving lights and turn indicator(s) constant failure due to electric power short and overheated contacts.
6) Power panoramic sunroof jammed due to lack of grease or slippage.
7) Rear seat cup-holder spring fails to lock.
8) Rear end suspension support bushings constantly fail.
9) Transfer case and rear trans-axle slippage due to chain failure/stretching or sprocket failure. (AWD)
10) Rear windshield washer sprayer works only when vehicle is rolling on an incline.
I have checked out many Cadillac forums, heard from many owners of the SRX, questioned GM mechanics as well as complained to Cadillac and GM myself with nary a response for these problems that not only persist in my SRX, but in EVEYONE's that I have heard from.. GM, Cadillac needs an ass whippin for not recalling these vehicle for these complaints/problems..
... And get used to this # 3757A # 3757A...
Sounds like a problem to me GM..
If you do buy, just get used to this..!!
Please do not be surprised when something goes wrong, have some money for small surprises, and have unlimited time to sit in Cadillac's waiting room while the car is being repaired... This is Dre'.. Deuces..!!